Are you getting ready to buy hair extensions in NYC? You might be bored with your hair and want to try something unique. Don’t want to wait for your hair to grow longer? You should definitely go for hair extensions as they can help you take advantage of voluminous and longer looks.
Before finding the hair extensions, you should understand more about them. Take a look at the pointers discussed below.
Significant Highlights of Hair Extensions –
We all love long and luscious hair; but all are not blessed with such. However, with hair extensions, you can make it happen.
According to Coco Chanel, “A woman who changes her hair is about to change her life”. But what will happen when a woman gets bored with the change and now finds her tresses are too short? Well, a fashion-conscious woman doesn’t need to sit and wait for hair to grow as hair extensions are available to fix these problems instantly. They can give any desired look that you’ve been craving.
Whether you feel you have too short tresses, or your hair is getting thin, you can get a voluminous look with hair extensions. Generally, these extensions seem nothing less than a miracle; but managing them in your day-to-day life may necessitate some changes to your routine.
If you’re considering hair extensions for the very first time, there are many things you want to consider. From knowing the type of extensions you’re going to use, to taking care of them properly along with several other factors. But you don’t need to stress about it. All you have to do is to follow this easy guide on hair extensions discussed below:
Here are a few things you should keep in mind before getting hair extensions in NYC:
- First of all, there’s a huge availability of hair extensions methods in the market – ranging from tape-ins, sew in’s, and halo’s to ponytail hair extensions. So, you have to figure out what type of look you’re trying to achieve.
- You want to find out the cost of the extensions. You have to consider everything – from quality of hair, how much hair, method and color. There are so many factors available that can increase or decrease the extension price significantly.
- Choosing color is a key factor along with the length of extensions. Before you make up your mind to use hair extensions, make sure that you know the length you want and the style you want your extensions to be. You should also have your own hair the color you desire so it can be matched properly.
- Taking care of your hair is important. The stronger your hair is, the better it will handle having hair extensions attached. A professional can determine what would work best in your situation. A Halo extension is a good option for damaged or fragile hair.’
- Extensions require attention and care like your natural hair. You must have enough time for regular maintenance appointments unless you have a removable type of extension. The recommended shampoo and conditioner will keep both your hair and the extension hair in top shape. Otherwise, you can end up with a less desirable result.
- How Do You Take Care of Your Hair Extensions Properly?
- Generally, hair extensions are used from 3-6 months to 12-15 months depending on the quality of the hair. It also depends on how much care they get. Therefore, you should get in the habit of a good routine.
- When it comes to taking care of your extensions, your stylist should give you detailed instructions
- A large tooth comb is ideal for most types of hair extensions. Tape-ins require a good wet brush or Mason Pearson brush. Comb or brush your hair extensions before and after every time you wear them. Apart from that, washing and conditioning your extensions is significant.
- When styling your hair extensions, you need to ensure that you don’t overuse heat on them. Just as your natural hair, they can get dried out and damaged.
Bottom Line –
Above all, the best thing about hair extensions is that you are going to get the best of both worlds – who doesn’t love having the option between long and short hair! Whether you’re thinking of buying hair extensions, but unsure about whether it’s worth taking the plunge, Custom Hair By Catherine is here to help you make the decision.
Like everyone, you know extensions work great for length and volume – that’s not a surprise. But,have you considered them as a perfect way to hide a bad haircut? Or changing your hairstyle without absolutely any damage? Or do you want to achieve the hair goals you’ve been dreaming about for your wedding, prom or date night!
If yes, then hair extensions are worth investing in. So, what are you waiting for? Feel free to schedule a complimentary consultation with Custom Hair By Catherine today and find out what your best options are. We are the specialists in custom made hair extensions, cuts, color and highlighting in NYC!